Google Analytics is widely held as one of the best services to run a health check on your website. It can give you valid inputs for improvement. But, if you are a beginner, the sheer flood of information the service provides can be daunting. Here are five basic hacks to break it down for you:
1. Keep a tab on the websites from which your bulk traffic comes from, via the path Acquisition -> All Traffic -> Referrals
2. Know the source of your traffic via Acquisition > All Traffic > Channels
3. Know what your most popular content is, via Behavior > Site Content > All Pages
4. Know which content the users are likely to see first, via Behavior > Site Content > Landing Pages
5. Know the devices on which your website is commonly viewed on, via Audience > Mobile > Overview
Read the full article here:
How to use Google Analytics to Improve your Website?